Groups We Support
Part of Salal + Cedar’s commitment to mutual aid and solidarity is to share resources including money, attention, visibility and good words. These are some of the groups and organizations whose work we value that we support on a small relational scale. We want to lift them up and we encourage you to support them as well. Leverage your privilege, redistribute resources, justly compensate all kinds of labour, experiment with gift economy, practice abundance!
- Leona Brown, Indigenous Independent Cultural Facilitator and Advocate
- Gitxsan and Nisga’a of the Fireweed House and the Killerwhale Clan (refugee in the unceded territories of Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-waututh). Leona provides hands-on traditional plant teachings and land-based work and is an excellent speaker on reconciliation, contemporary Indigenous family issues, and food culture in the city, for groups of all ages in the greater Vancouver area.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Queer Nature
- A social sculpture/education/ecophilosophy project. We actively dream into decolonially-informed “queer futurism” through mentorship in earth-based and ‘survival’ skills, speculative and poetic writing, and photography. We strive to create accessible workshops where queer folks learn (and teach). Queer Nature is doing some of the best thinking and writing hands down, on Queerness, Indigeneity and Wilderness.
- Visit Queer Nature Web keyboard_arrow_right Become a Queer Nature Patreon keyboard_arrow_right
- Mountain Protectors
- A group of land and water protectors, elders, and volunteers who strive to uphold the natural laws of the land by monitoring the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion on unceded Coast Salish Territories. We support the ongoing volunteer presence and surveillance at and around the Watch House located on Burnaby Mountain which operates under the Coast Salish law of Nawt’samat – One Heart, One Mind, One Soul, we are all related.
- Support the Watch House keyboard_arrow_right
- Cambium Arts
- Marpole Mutual Aid
- Supporter House